- Turn on the ChemWiz ADK’s main spectrometer engine (right side power button) and tablet (top).
- Launch the ChemWiz ADK App.
- Verify software and spectrometer engine connection.
- Snap on reflectance fixture (RF-HH) for sample holder, place the white RS50 white reflectance standard on the fixture and collect a spectrum by click on the Capture button.
- Verify your Device Settings are properly set. Turn on the light source and push the Take Light Spectrum button to optimize the white light reflectance spectrum. Typically, 5-6ms integration time, 300 sample averages, and 2 smoothing are best. The maximum count for the scope graph needs to be as close to 40,000 as possible. However, the setting can adjusted for different sample types. These settings should be saved to your systems configuration file and automatically be set upon system initialization. If they are not, you can easily re-set the parameters and exit the software and they will automatically be updated.
- With the RS50 on top of the reflectance fixture, turn off the lamp source and press the Take Dark Spectrum button. The ChemWiz ADK App update the Scope and Absorbance graph.
- Now ready to capture spectrum. Place the sample and push the Capture button.