- Measurements in the 200-1080nm or 220-1100nm range
- Concave grating optics for high performance applications
- Super Range concave grating with dual blaze for best sensitivity
- Enhanced spectral imaging with no mirrors for lowest possible stray light
- Flat field imaging for uniform resolution
- No optical adjustments for extreme thermal stability
- TEC upgrade now available for 2016! Increases S/N by 60%
- Concave gratings white paper
StellarNet BLACK-Comet-SR concave grating spectrometers deliver high performance spectral analysis in the UV-VIS-NIR wavelength range covering 200-1080nm (model C-SR) or optionally 220-1100nm (model CXR-SR).
Research Grade Optical Performance – The BLACK-Comet-SR UV-VIS-NIR spectrometers utilize a Dual Blaze 40mm diameter concave grating with aberration correction to provide the best optical performance of any compact spectrometer on the market.
- Improved spectral shapes by reducing comma and astigmatism found in plane grating spectrograph designs.
- Stray light reduction- The spectrograph architecture does not utilize mirrors, and therefore provides the lowest possible stray light, which is especially helpful for UV applications.
- Enhanced sensitivity- due to the spectrometers ability to reduce light scatter, especially high power UV light, the BLACK-Comet provides two to three times enhanced UV sensitivity as compared to plane grating/Czerny Turner optical configurations.
- Uniform resolution – The concave grating produces a flat field on the CCD detector creating uniform resolution over the entire spectral range.
- Thermal Stability- Optical bench architecture without mounting turrets and optical posts (typically in most USB spectrometers) decreases thermal expansion and contraction and increases overall system performance with temperature change
Dual blaze super range models provide wide wavelength ranges. Choose from the tables of standard models with various slit options for your choice of slit resolution. New and improved electronics with a high speed 16-bit digitizer allows for fast data acquisition and a signal to noise of 1000:1!
Ruggedized – The detachable spectrograph assembly and control electronics are protected inside a rugged metal enclosure, suitable for portable, process, lab, and field applications.
Multi-unit connection (up to 8) can be daisy chained together and are able to run simultaneously.
USB Powered – BLACK-Comet-SR UV-VIS-NIR spectrometers can be powered directly from your PC’s USB-2 port. A single strand fiber optic cable or probe assembly delivers input via standard SMA 905 fiber optic connector with a choice of cable lengths.
Onboard Memory with pre-set calibrations and spectrometer settings and snap shot memory to provide instantaneous spectral image from the highly sensitive CCD with 2048.
High Speed Electronic Interface can be attached directly to a computers USB port for high speed data transfer. Options for Wifi/ethernet communication available as well as other interfaces. ContactUs@StellarNet.us for more info.
Deuterium Lamp Spectra Tungsten Halogen Lamp spectrum Grating Efficiency Curve
* StellarNet technical staff is currently updating available web database. Send us an email at ContactUs@StellarNet.us if you want a specific spectrum that hasn’t been posted yet
|Specifications: BLACK-Comet SR Spectrometers from $3,495|
|Dynamic Range:||2000:1 with 6 decades||Dimensions:||69 x 100 x 150 mm|
|Optical Resolution:||see above||Power Consumption:||100 mA @ 5 VDC|
|Detector Type:||2048 pixel CCD, PDA opt.||Interface:||USB-2|
|Detector Range:||200-1080 nm or 220-1100 nm||Data Transfer Speed:||3x / 40x faster than USB-1|
|Pixel Size:||14 um x 200 um||Detector Integration:||1 ms to 65s (New! 8 minutes exposures)|
|Concave Grating:||Aberration corrected||Slit Size Options:||14, 25, 50, 100, 200 um|
|Grating Type:||Holographic, 590 g/mm||Stray Light:||0.02% at 435 nm; 0.2% at 200 nm|
|Spectrograph:||f/2, Flat field – No mirrors||Fiber Optic Input:||SMA905 0.22 na single fiber|
|Order Sorting Filter:||Integrated multi-band||Operating Systems:||Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10|
|Signal to Noise:||1000:1 CCD, TEC Options||Software Included:||SpectraWiz program & apps|
|Digitizer:||16-bit||Also Free Programs For:||LabView / VC / VBA / Delphi|
BLACK-Comet TE Cooler upgrades reduce the temperature of the CCD to 15 degrees below ambient and increase instrument S/N drastically by reducing noise over 50% at long exposures. This upgrade improves the compact spectrometer’s measurement quality and makes it a perfect solution for fluorescence and other weak emission applications. In order to achieve low temperatures the TEC add-on includes a new sealed and isolated detector enclosure with specialized heat sink and air flow design for added stability and cool operation.
TEC Upgrade Price -> $1,650
Low light spectral measurement of a dim backlit LED display. The display measurement is performed with a BLACK-Comet-TEC spectrometer with the thermo-electric cooler ON and OFF at a 30 second exposure time. The background noise is drastically reduced, increasing instrument detection capabilities.
BLACK-Comet-SR Sample Spectra
BLACK-Comet-SR measuring the transmission and reflectance of some thin film coatings. StellarNet complete systems also include a light source, transmission fixture/sample holder, and fiber optic cables.
Spectral Display of a BLACK-Comet-SR with calibrated radiometer system measuring a Tungsten Halogen lamp. A Radiometer system consists of configured spectrometer, fiber optic cable, and light collecting accessory such as a cosine receptor or integrating sphere. The complete system must be spectroradiometrically calibrated by StellarNet to NIST standards before proper absolute intensity results are obtained.
Reflectance and Colorimetry
BLACK-Comet-SR measuring the reflectance of red ground habanero peppers from 220-100nm. StellarNet colorimetry systems include a configured spectrometer, light source, reflectance fixture or probe and other sampling accessories.
Spectral sensitivity is one of the most important factors in choosing the proper miniature spectrometer. The concave grating optical design allows for high sensitivity in the UV and far NIR as seen above looking at deuterium, tungsten halogen, and Mercury Argon simultaneously.
The powerful SpectraWiz® spectrometer software is provided free of charge with every spectrometer instrument. This includes drivers and customizable software for Windows. The SpectraWiz software is considered the “Swiss Army Knife of Spectroscopy” and may be used to accurately measure wavelength emissions, reflectance, transmission, absorption, concentrations, and absolute intensities. In addition to real-time spectroscopy, SpectraWiz® has built-in applications for SpectroRadiometry, SpectroColorimetry, ChemWiz chemistry lab concentration analyzer, and UV level monitors.
JACK 1-In Trigger
TTL input trigger to enable spectrometer scan $175
Units may be daisy chained via USB-2 hub allowing simple configurations for dual and multi-beam process applications. 8 BLUE-Wave spectrometers can be operated at once!
Enables PCs with WiFi to run all StellarNet spectrometers attached to the kit, which may optionally be battery powered. SCD converts USB to Ethernet that feeds high speed WiFi wireless router (not included). Works on WinXP, Win 7-32bit and Win7-64bit.
- SpectroChemistry Systems
- Optical Metrology
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
Technical Information Request
JG Simmons, ME Reish, JV Foreman, J Liu, H Everitt - Journal of Materials Chemistry …, 2017 The mechanism for producing efficient white light phosphors from sulfidated zinc oxide (ZnO) powders is elucidated. ZnO powders prepared by vacuum annealing produce powders of...read more