Calibrations and Light Sources
- NIST Traceable Spectrometer Calibration Services for Spectral Irradiance, Radiance, and Radiant Flux
- Guaranteed Absolute Accuracy within 10%
- High and Low power calibrations available
- NIST Calibrated Light Sources for 200-1700nm spectral range
- Periodically check your Spectrometer Systems and Recalibrate for different configurations
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order. Certification Documents available
Calibration Light Sources & Services
StellarNet provides a full range of calibration light sources and calibration services for its line of miniature spectrometer hardware that are traceable to the National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST-traceable). With over 20 years of experience, StellarNet designs instrumentation that meets the rigid quality standards for the most challenging testing requirements.
StellarNet Calibration Facility
The StellarNet calibration facility has a variety of NIST traceable ultra-stable light sources, including UV Deuterium & VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen covering 200-2500nm range. StellarNet utilizes lamps for absolute calibration of spectral irradiance, precision radiant and luminous flux output, white-light standards for spectral radiance and luminance, and has numerous filtering/aperture assembly options for high/low light applications and custom calibration configurations.
The factory performs calibrations for the appropriate wavelength range of your spectrometer using NIST traceable calibration lamps (calibration service IRRAD-CAL must be ordered with spectrometer and proper measurement accessories)
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order.
- Absolute calibration: accuracy within 10% at detector integration setting used for calibration.
- Certificate available: documentation with NIST traceable serial numbers.
StellarNet offers a variety of spectrometers available to measure over a wide range of wavelengths. Visit the StellarNet spectrometers page to pick your model. StellarNet NIST traceable calibrations can be performed from 200-1700nm.
If the user has an appropriate irradiance calibration source lamp, a field re-calibration can be easily performed using the included SpectraWiz software.
Annual calibration and calibration packages available. Please contact your StellarNet Sales representative for more information. Contactus@StellarNet.us
NIST Traceable Light Sources
SL1-CAL VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen
- 10,000 hour tungsten krypton bulb with 2800 degree Kelvin color temperature
- For process control and field portable applications from 350-1700nm
- 7-28 VDC input with 0.2% power regulation
- 12VDC @ 800ma wall power adapter included
- 5 minute stabilization, no fans, slot for filters
- For spectroradiometer irradiance calibrations with data file
SL3-Cal UV Deuterium Light
- Worlds smallest 4000 hour deuterium light source for continuous wave UV light
- Specially designed for maximum stability, suitable for applications down to 200nm
- Has an integrated temperature control and measures only 3.5 x 2.75 x 6.5 inches
- Integrated filter holder fits several 0.5″ diameter disk filters for various applications
- Includes 24 VDC power adapter
- For spectroradiometer irradiance calibrations with data file
IS-Lamp-Cal VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen
- Calibrated 10W NIST traceable VIS-NIR lamp
- Data provided in Radiant/Luminous Flux- Watts/nm
- 300-1050nm wavelength range
- Mounted on 2″ port plug for StellarNet integrating spheres
Uniform Illumination Sphere Light Source (UIS-LS)
- Provides constant and uniform spectral output and luminance values
- System consists of a 6″ integrating sphere with mounted NIST traceable calibration bulb
- Light source comes with spectral output data files for Radiance and/or Irradiance from 300-1100nm
- Includes Certificate of Calirbation and mounting tripod
- Optional UIS-Power Control Module with 9 incremental steps to full power available. Additional calibration files and luminance data can be provided at each step.
- Optional UIS-Spectro feedback SpectroRadiometer upgrade used for real-time UIL-LS checking with NIST traceable calibration
- Optional UIS-Iris for lamp attenuation with constant Color Temperature (K)
PDF Tutorial for Self Irradiance Calibration using SpectraWiz Software
Spectrometer and Lamp Calibration ServicesWe offer a variety of NIST traceable calibration services for our customers. If you have questions or need a rush service, contact us today!
|IRRAD-CAL||Irradiance calibration service in Watts/m^2 using NIST traceable lamp that covers 300-1100nm. Requires fiber optic cable and cosine receptor attachment such as CR2, IC2, IS4, IS6, IS8, or IS20.||$250|
|IRRADUV-CAL||Irradiance calibration service for 200-600nm. Requires UV-SR fiber optic cable and CR2 cosine receptor||$250|
|IRRADNIR-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration service for NIR range 900–1700nm||$250|
|RAD-CAL||Radiant power calibration in Watts/nm 300-1100nm or 900-1700 nm also for LED Lumens/nm||$250|
|RAD-CAL-SR||Radiance calibration in Watts/sr/m^2 for Candela (Cd/m^2/nm) – requires CR2-LENS||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-Low||Description: Low-light level calibration to measure 10x lower intensity emissions. Please specify wavelength range needed. Certification document not included. Please Note: Calibration replacement file costs $125.00.||$250|
|RAD-CAL-SR-Low||Radiance calibration in Watts/sr/m^2 for low light Candela (Cd/m^2/nm) – requires CR2-LENS. Low light calibration performed with Lens assembly only||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-Fast||Expedited Calibration Service guaranteed <1.5 weeks. Contact for availability||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-DOC||Optional Calibration Certificate with details of calibration instrumentation and date and signature of calibration technician||$125|
|RE-CAL||Annual NIST traceable calibration service, instrument inspection, and x-axis realignment. Choose one from any of our offered calibration services including IRRAD-CAL for spectral irradiance, RAD-CAL-SR for spectral radiance, RAD-FLUX for radiant flux, and low light calibration options. Each additional calibration is $250 with an option for a calibration certificate.||$500|
|SL1 RE-CAL||Annual NIST traceable calibration service||$350|
|SL3 RE-CAL||Annual NIST traceable calibration service||$350|
|IRRAD-CAL-Replacement File||Copy of original calibration file supplied in electronic format by e-mail and/or replacement USB key.||$150|
Calibrated Light Sources
|SL1-CAL||10,000 hour Tungsten and Krypton lamp, 2800 Kelvin color temp, 350-2300nm, operation outside U.S. requires UP12V adapter. Includes data USB for 300-1100nm for spectral irradiance watts/m^2/nm (calibration data 1100-1700nm additional $250). Includes power supply.||$750|
|SL3-CAL||4,000 hour, high performance 15-watt UV Deuterium light source. Small 3 x4 x7 inch enclosure, ultra stable for spectroscopy, includes Universal Power adapter for 24 volt. Includes data USB for200-600nm for spectral irradiance watts/m^2/nm. Includes power supply.||$1995|
|SL4-CAL||High Power UV-VIS Calibration Light Source and power supply. Includes USB drive with lamp spectral intensity data in nm increments. Includes power supply.||$3,750|
|IS-Lamp||Calibrated 10-Watt VIS-NIR light source mounted on a 2″ port plug. Includes data USB for 400 -1050nm for total flux watts/nm and lumens/nm. Includes power supply.||$550|
|IS-Lamp-HP||Calibrated 50-Watt VIS-NIR light source mounted on a 2″ port plug. Includes data USB for 400 -1050nm for total flux in Watts/nm and lumens/nm. Includes power supply.||$950|
|UIS-LS||The Uniform Illumination Sphere Light Source provides constant and uniform spectral output and luminance values. The system consists of a 6" integrating sphere with mounted NIST traceable calibration bulb. The light source comes with spectral output data files for Radiance and Irradiance from 300-1100nm. Comes with mounting tripod.||$4,690|
|UIS-Power||Power Module for the Uniform Illumination Source. Standard option comes with 5 incremental steps to full power. 10 step capability requires $500 upgrade||$895|
*Annual recalibration discounts and recalibration packages available. ContactUs@StellarNet.us to inquire about StellarNet Calibration Services
Technical Information Request
Tis the Season!Image taken of StellarNet’s fluorescent Spectrometer on a cubic zirconia gemstone. A Diamond is Forever? You’re about to ask the biggest question of your life, on one knee, in front of her entire family, on Christmas Eve. You’re...read more