- Optical performance tests for LCOS, LCD, OLED, & other flat panel displays
- Display Measurement Systems include a miniature spectrometer, a fiber optic cable (or direct attachment), a light collecting accessory/lens assembly, and a NIST traceable intensity calibration
- Reliably measure Display output intensity in Candela/m^2 (nits), xy chromaticy, color purity, contrast, specular and diffuse reflection, and a variety of other measurements
- All sizes of display modules and panels from micro/mobile displays such as cell phones and tablets to large LCD TVs. Likewise systems can be configured for dim light emission as well as extremely bright
- Display Measurement Systems Overview
- NIST Calibrations
- Setup Diagrams
- Night Vision Compatibility Testing
Instruments for Display Measurement
The StellarNet spectrometers are great tools for low cost, routine analysis of all types of displays and monitors. The increasing use and popularity of flat panel displays for televisions, computer monitors, laptops, automotive displays, cell phones, and mobile devices of all kinds requires accurate, fast, and cost-effective methods for measuring color, luminance, and various other output parameters. In R&D applications there is a continuing need for low cost and easy-to-use measurement systems that can be applied to all sorts of display sizes, brightness, and technologies — LCD, plasma, OLED and LED.
In manufacturing, accurate, repeatable, quantitative measurement methods are needed to replace traditional human inspection techniques. Also, StellarNet’s line of low cost spectrometers are small, portable, and robust which allows for a more economical solution to the larger benchtop display measurement alternatives. Likewise, multiple spectrometers can be deployed in production facilities, taken into the field, and transported easily from one location to another increasing the ease of inspection and quality control.
- Low cost – Ruggedized – high performance
- High dynamic range and system flexibility
- Many light collecting accessories and calibration options
- Shock-proof – Permanent alignment
- Easy to use SpectraWiz Software included free
- USB-2 interface to all Windows PCs
The factory performs calibrations for the appropriate wavelength range of your spectrometer using NIST traceable calibration lamps (calibration service IRRAD-CAL must be ordered with spectrometer and proper measurement accessories)
Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order.
Absolute calibration: accuracy within 10% at detector integration setting used for calibration.
Certificate available: documentation with NIST traceable serial numbers.
If the user has an appropriate irradiance calibration source lamp, a field re-calibration can be easily performed using the included SpectraWiz software.
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order
- Absolute calibration: accuracy within 10% at detector integration setting used for calibration
- Certificate available: documentation with NIST traceable serial numbers.
- If the user has an appropriate irradiance calibration source lamp, a field re-calibration can be easily performed using the included SpectraWiz software
Display Measurement Sample Spectra
BLACK-Comet-CXR Spectrometer- Cd/m2 Brightness Measurements of a white Display Monitor with adjusting brightness control from 100% to 10%.
Absolute color measurements of LCD, plasma, OLED and LED displays. CIE chromaticity diagrams provide x,y chromaticity values, dominant wavelength, color purity, tristimulous value, and CCT.
Display Measurement spectrometer systems measuring output luminance and CIE chromaticity of cell phone display
|Item||Miniature Fiber Optic SpectroRadiometers||Price|
|BLACK-Comet||Concave Grating spectrometer for UV-VIS. C (190-850nm) or CXR (280-900nm)||$2,950|
|BLACK-Comet “SR”||Super Range Concave Grating spectrometer for UV-VIS-NIR. C-SR (200-1080nm) or CXR-SR (220-1100nm)||$3,495|
|SILVER-Nova||Super Range TE cooled spectrometer for UV-VIS-NIR 200-1100nm.||$4,495|
|NIST Traceable Calibrations per spectrometer channel|
|RAD-CAL-SR||Radiance calibration in Watts/sr/m2/nm can measure Cd/m2/nm and nit – requires CR-LENS for CR2 for range 380-780nm||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration VIS-NIR for range 300-1100nm or 900-1700nm||$250|
|IRRADUVN-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration VIS-NIR for range 300-1700nm||$500|
|IRRADUV-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration UV for range 200-400nm||$250|
|RAD-CAL||Radiant power calibration (flux) in Watts/nm and Lumen/nm (for LEDs) 300-1100nm||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-DOC||Optional Irradiance Calibration certificate with NIST traceable serial numbers||$125|
|Fiber Optic Accessories for Irradiance Measurements|
|CR2||CR2 Cosine Receptor for UV-VIS-NIR 1/4 inch diameter and 180° field of view||$125|
|CRLENS||Cosine receptor lens assembly reduces the field of view from 180 degrees to a small spot. Adjustable focus allows variable distance from target surface||$250|
|CR2-AP||Screw on 10% aperture for CR2, allows measurement of light that is 10 times brighter||$125|
|IC2||Integrating Cube Receptor (Sphere), 2 x2 x2 inches with 5/8 inch input port||$495|
|IS6||6” integrating sphere with a 2.0” input port, 1 SMA fiber optic output, and internal white coating||$1745|
|IS12||12” integrating sphere that allows for internal mounting of devices for light measurement such as discrete LEDs, arrays, and bulbs. The sphere opens for simple access to mounting devices. IS12 Sphere includes lamp with data file used to calibrate the system for total flux measurements in watts/nm and lumens/nm.||$3495|
|F600-VISNIR||Armored 2 meter 600um diameter fiber optic cable attaches receptor or sphere to SpectroRadiometer||$140|
|F600-UVVIS-SR||Armored 2 meter 600um diameter solarization resistant (UV) fiber optic cable attaches receptor to SpectroRadiometer||$195|
|IC2-TP||Tripod for mounting and positioning receptors or spheres||$49|
Free SpectraWiz Software The powerful SpectraWiz® spectrometer software is provided free of charge with every spectrometer instrument. This includes drivers and customizable software for Windows. The SpectraWiz software is considered the “Swiss Army Knife of Spectroscopy” and may be used to accurately measure wavelength emissions, reflectance, transmission, absorption, concentrations, and absolute intensities. In addition to real-time spectroscopy, SpectraWiz® has built-in applications for SpectroRadiometry, SpectroColorimetry, ChemWiz chemistry lab concentration analyzer, and UV level monitors. Download SpectraWiz Software FREE
- Absolute intensity measurements watts/m2
- µm watts/cm2
- Lumens/m2 — LUX
- Moles per second — PAR
- Footcandles /m2
- Radiant Flux (watts) / Luminous Flux (lumens)
- xy Chromaticity, dominant wavelength, purity
- Correlated Color temperature (CCT)
- Set Power Spectral Density (PSD) range
Technical Information Request
Raman Spectroscopy has been a pillar of the Physical Chemistry community since its discovery in 1928 by its namesake C. V. Raman. The simplicity and robustness of the technique makes it ideal for a wide variety of applications ranging from the biological sciences,...read more