Calibrations and Light Sources
- NIST Traceable Spectrometer Calibration Services for Spectral Irradiance, Radiance, and Radiant Flux
- Guaranteed Absolute Accuracy within 10%
- High and Low power calibrations available
- NIST Calibrated Light Sources for 200-1700nm spectral range
- Periodically check your Spectrometer Systems and Recalibrate for different configurations
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order. Certification Documents available
Calibration Light Sources & Services
StellarNet provides a full range of calibration light sources and calibration services for its line of miniature spectrometer hardware that are traceable to the National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST-traceable). With over 20 years of experience, StellarNet designs instrumentation that meets the rigid quality standards for the most challenging testing requirements.
StellarNet Calibration Facility
The StellarNet calibration facility has a variety of NIST traceable ultra-stable light sources, including UV Deuterium & VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen covering 200-2500nm range. StellarNet utilizes lamps for absolute calibration of spectral irradiance, precision radiant and luminous flux output, white-light standards for spectral radiance and luminance, and has numerous filtering/aperture assembly options for high/low light applications and custom calibration configurations.
The factory performs calibrations for the appropriate wavelength range of your spectrometer using NIST traceable calibration lamps (calibration service IRRAD-CAL must be ordered with spectrometer and proper measurement accessories)
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order.
- Absolute calibration: accuracy within 10% at detector integration setting used for calibration.
- Certificate available: documentation with NIST traceable serial numbers.
StellarNet offers a variety of spectrometers available to measure over a wide range of wavelengths. Visit the StellarNet spectrometers page to pick your model. StellarNet NIST traceable calibrations can be performed from 200-1700nm.
If the user has an appropriate irradiance calibration source lamp, a field re-calibration can be easily performed using the included SpectraWiz software.
Annual calibration and calibration packages available. Please contact your StellarNet Sales representative for more information. Contactus@StellarNet.us
NIST Traceable Light Sources
SL1-CAL VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen
- 10,000 hour tungsten krypton bulb with 2800 degree Kelvin color temperature
- For process control and field portable applications from 350-1700nm
- 7-28 VDC input with 0.2% power regulation
- 12VDC @ 800ma wall power adapter included
- 5 minute stabilization, no fans, slot for filters
- For spectroradiometer irradiance calibrations with data file
SL3-Cal UV Deuterium Light
- Worlds smallest 4000 hour deuterium light source for continuous wave UV light
- Specially designed for maximum stability, suitable for applications down to 200nm
- Has an integrated temperature control and measures only 3.5 x 2.75 x 6.5 inches
- Integrated filter holder fits several 0.5″ diameter disk filters for various applications
- Includes 24 VDC power adapter
- For spectroradiometer irradiance calibrations with data file
IS-Lamp-Cal VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen
- Calibrated 10W NIST traceable VIS-NIR lamp
- Data provided in Radiant/Luminous Flux- Watts/nm
- 300-1050nm wavelength range
- Mounted on 2″ port plug for StellarNet integrating spheres
Uniform Illumination Sphere Light Source (UIS-LS)
- Provides constant and uniform spectral output and luminance values
- System consists of a 6″ integrating sphere with mounted NIST traceable calibration bulb
- Light source comes with spectral output data files for Radiance and/or Irradiance from 300-1100nm
- Includes Certificate of Calirbation and mounting tripod
- Optional UIS-Power Control Module with 9 incremental steps to full power available. Additional calibration files and luminance data can be provided at each step.
- Optional UIS-Spectro feedback SpectroRadiometer upgrade used for real-time UIL-LS checking with NIST traceable calibration
- Optional UIS-Iris for lamp attenuation with constant Color Temperature (K)
PDF Tutorial for Self Irradiance Calibration using SpectraWiz Software
Spectrometer and Lamp Calibration ServicesWe offer a variety of NIST traceable calibration services for our customers. If you have questions or need a rush service, contact us today!
|IRRAD-CAL||Irradiance calibration service in Watts/m^2 using NIST traceable lamp that covers 300-1100nm. Requires fiber optic cable and cosine receptor attachment such as CR2, IC2, IS4, IS6, IS8, or IS20.||$250|
|IRRADUV-CAL||Irradiance calibration service for 200-600nm. Requires UV-SR fiber optic cable and CR2 cosine receptor||$250|
|IRRADNIR-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration service for NIR range 900–1700nm||$250|
|RAD-CAL||Radiant power calibration in Watts/nm 300-1100nm or 900-1700 nm also for LED Lumens/nm||$250|
|RAD-CAL-SR||Radiance calibration in Watts/sr/m^2 for Candela (Cd/m^2/nm) – requires CR2-LENS||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-Low||Description: Low-light level calibration to measure 10x lower intensity emissions. Please specify wavelength range needed. Certification document not included. Please Note: Calibration replacement file costs $125.00.||$250|
|RAD-CAL-SR-Low||Radiance calibration in Watts/sr/m^2 for low light Candela (Cd/m^2/nm) – requires CR2-LENS. Low light calibration performed with Lens assembly only||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-Fast||Expedited Calibration Service guaranteed <1.5 weeks. Contact for availability||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-DOC||Optional Calibration Certificate with details of calibration instrumentation and date and signature of calibration technician||$125|
|RE-CAL||Annual NIST traceable calibration service, instrument inspection, and x-axis realignment. Choose one from any of our offered calibration services including IRRAD-CAL for spectral irradiance, RAD-CAL-SR for spectral radiance, RAD-FLUX for radiant flux, and low light calibration options. Each additional calibration is $250 with an option for a calibration certificate.||$500|
|SL1 RE-CAL||Annual NIST traceable calibration service||$350|
|SL3 RE-CAL||Annual NIST traceable calibration service||$350|
|IRRAD-CAL-Replacement File||Copy of original calibration file supplied in electronic format by e-mail and/or replacement USB key.||$150|
Calibrated Light Sources
|SL1-CAL||10,000 hour Tungsten and Krypton lamp, 2800 Kelvin color temp, 350-2300nm, operation outside U.S. requires UP12V adapter. Includes data USB for 300-1100nm for spectral irradiance watts/m^2/nm (calibration data 1100-1700nm additional $250). Includes power supply.||$750|
|SL3-CAL||4,000 hour, high performance 15-watt UV Deuterium light source. Small 3 x4 x7 inch enclosure, ultra stable for spectroscopy, includes Universal Power adapter for 24 volt. Includes data USB for200-600nm for spectral irradiance watts/m^2/nm. Includes power supply.||$1995|
|SL4-CAL||High Power UV-VIS Calibration Light Source and power supply. Includes USB drive with lamp spectral intensity data in nm increments. Includes power supply.||$3,750|
|IS-Lamp||Calibrated 10-Watt VIS-NIR light source mounted on a 2″ port plug. Includes data USB for 400 -1050nm for total flux watts/nm and lumens/nm. Includes power supply.||$550|
|IS-Lamp-HP||Calibrated 50-Watt VIS-NIR light source mounted on a 2″ port plug. Includes data USB for 400 -1050nm for total flux in Watts/nm and lumens/nm. Includes power supply.||$950|
|UIS-LS||The Uniform Illumination Sphere Light Source provides constant and uniform spectral output and luminance values. The system consists of a 6" integrating sphere with mounted NIST traceable calibration bulb. The light source comes with spectral output data files for Radiance and Irradiance from 300-1100nm. Comes with mounting tripod.||$4,690|
|UIS-Power||Power Module for the Uniform Illumination Source. Standard option comes with 5 incremental steps to full power. 10 step capability requires $500 upgrade||$895|
*Annual recalibration discounts and recalibration packages available. ContactUs@StellarNet.us to inquire about StellarNet Calibration Services
Technical Information Request
Introduction The ripeness of an avocado affects its flavor, aroma, color and texture. Ripeness, however, is difficult to determine because the fruit ripens without obvious changes in external appearance. Dry matter content has been established as a surrogate for...read more