Calibrations and Light Sources
- NIST Traceable Spectrometer Calibration Services for Spectral Irradiance, Radiance, and Radiant Flux
- Guaranteed Absolute Accuracy within 10%
- High and Low power calibrations available
- NIST Calibrated Light Sources for 200-1700nm spectral range
- Periodically check your Spectrometer Systems and Recalibrate for different configurations
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order. Certification Documents available
Calibration Light Sources & Services
StellarNet provides a full range of calibration light sources and calibration services for its line of miniature spectrometer hardware that are traceable to the National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST-traceable). With over 20 years of experience, StellarNet designs instrumentation that meets the rigid quality standards for the most challenging testing requirements.
StellarNet Calibration Facility
The StellarNet calibration facility has a variety of NIST traceable ultra-stable light sources, including UV Deuterium & VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen covering 200-2500nm range. StellarNet utilizes lamps for absolute calibration of spectral irradiance, precision radiant and luminous flux output, white-light standards for spectral radiance and luminance, and has numerous filtering/aperture assembly options for high/low light applications and custom calibration configurations.
The factory performs calibrations for the appropriate wavelength range of your spectrometer using NIST traceable calibration lamps (calibration service IRRAD-CAL must be ordered with spectrometer and proper measurement accessories)
- Fast delivery: most system can be calibrated and shipped within 1 week after receipt of order.
- Absolute calibration: accuracy within 10% at detector integration setting used for calibration.
- Certificate available: documentation with NIST traceable serial numbers.
StellarNet offers a variety of spectrometers available to measure over a wide range of wavelengths. Visit the StellarNet spectrometers page to pick your model. StellarNet NIST traceable calibrations can be performed from 200-1700nm.
If the user has an appropriate irradiance calibration source lamp, a field re-calibration can be easily performed using the included SpectraWiz software.
Annual calibration and calibration packages available. Please contact your StellarNet Sales representative for more information. Contactus@StellarNet.us
NIST Traceable Light Sources
SL1-CAL VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen
- 10,000 hour tungsten krypton bulb with 2800 degree Kelvin color temperature
- For process control and field portable applications from 350-1700nm
- 7-28 VDC input with 0.2% power regulation
- 12VDC @ 800ma wall power adapter included
- 5 minute stabilization, no fans, slot for filters
- For spectroradiometer irradiance calibrations with data file
SL3-Cal UV Deuterium Light
- Worlds smallest 4000 hour deuterium light source for continuous wave UV light
- Specially designed for maximum stability, suitable for applications down to 200nm
- Has an integrated temperature control and measures only 3.5 x 2.75 x 6.5 inches
- Integrated filter holder fits several 0.5″ diameter disk filters for various applications
- Includes 24 VDC power adapter
- For spectroradiometer irradiance calibrations with data file
IS-Lamp-Cal VIS-NIR Tungsten Halogen
- Calibrated 10W NIST traceable VIS-NIR lamp
- Data provided in Radiant/Luminous Flux- Watts/nm
- 300-1050nm wavelength range
- Mounted on 2″ port plug for StellarNet integrating spheres
|Item||NIST Traceable Calibrations & Light Sources||Price|
|IRRADUV-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration UV for range 200-400nm||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration VIS-NIR for range 300-1100nm or 900-1700nm||$250|
|IRRADUVN-CAL||SpectroRadiometric Calibration VIS-NIR for range 300-1700nm||$500|
|RAD-CAL||Radiant power calibration (flux) in Watts/nm and Lumen/nm (for LEDs) 300-1100nm||$250|
|RAD-CAL-SR||Radiance calibration in Watts/sr/m^2/nm can measure Cd/m^2/nm – requires CR-LENS||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-Low||Low light level calibration for spectral irradiance||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-Fast||Expedited Calibration Service guaranteed <1.5 weeks. Contact for availability||$250|
|IRRAD-CAL-DOC||Optional Irradiance Calibration certificate with NIST traceable serial numbers||$125|
|Calibration Light Sources|
|SL1-CAL||10,000 hour Tungsten and Krypton lamp, 2800 Kelvin color temp, 350-2300nm, operation outside U.S. requires UP12V adapter. Includes data USB for 300-1100nm for spectral irradiance watts/m^2/nm (calibration data 1100-1700nm additional $250)||$750|
|SL3-CAL||4,000 hour, high performance 15-watt UV Deuterium light source. Small 3 x4 x7 inch enclosure, ultra stable for spectroscopy, includes Universal Power adapter for 24 volt. Includes data USB for200-600nm for spectral irradiance watts/m^2/nm||$1995|
|IS-Lamp||Calibrated 10-Watt VIS-NIR light source mounted on a 2″ port plug. Includes data USB for 400 -1050nm for total flux watts/nm and lumens/nm||$550|
*Annual recalibration discounts and recalibration packages available. ContactUs@StellarNet.us to inquire about StellarNet Calibration Services
Free SpectraWiz Software The powerful SpectraWiz® spectrometer software is provided free of charge with every spectrometer instrument. This includes drivers and customizable software for Windows. The SpectraWiz software is considered the “Swiss Army Knife of Spectroscopy” and may be used to accurately measure wavelength emissions, reflectance, transmission, absorption, concentrations, and absolute intensities. In addition to real-time spectroscopy, SpectraWiz® has built-in applications for SpectroRadiometry, SpectroColorimetry, ChemWiz chemistry lab concentration analyzer, and UV level monitors.
Download SpectraWiz Software FREE
StellarNet Integrating Spheres allow collection of light with an 180 field of view. The IC2 is a 2″ internal diameter sphere with 2 SMA connectors for illumination and collection of LED light. The input port is 5/8″. The IS6 and IS12 are 6″ and 12″ StellarNet integrating spheres with 2.5″ input port with internal white coating. Mounting tripods and other accessories are available for LED measurement.
Dual DSR Spectroradiometer- StellarNet Dual DSR system pictured above uses a Y bifurcated fiber (F600-Y-UVSRNIR) to connect a BLACK-Comet-SR spectrometer and a RED-Wave NIR Spectrometer. The entire system can be radiometrically calibrated over the range 200-1700nm. Above system pictured with Flash Capture Interface (FCI) that allows spectrometer to capture emission from flashing sources such as flashtubes and pulsed solar simulators.
Technical Information Request
Developmental effects of visual environment on species-assortative mating preferences in Lake Victoria cichlid fish
DS Wright, N Demandt, JT Alkema, O Seehausen… - Journal of Evolutionary …, 2016 Local adaptation can be a potent force in speciation, with environmental heterogeneity leading to niche specialization and population divergence. However, local adaption often requires...read more