StellarNet Technical Support Online
StellarNet’s technicians are happy to help you with any questions that you might have. Check our software download page to get the most current software update. Before contacting us, make sure that you have had time to read the supplied instruction manual and view the Training Videos found on your USB stick delivered with your spectrometer. This will help you become more familiar with the software and various applications. The best way to get assistance is to fill out the form below. Be sure to include the spectrometer model you are using, its Serial Number, and what you are trying to measure. For quicker assistance you can send a direct e-mail to Support@StellarNet.us. Please attach “Print Screenshots” of your SpectraWiz Software displaying your item in question and also your software configurations settings “sw.ini” file found in the SpectraWiz directory. Any pictures of your experimental setup or other information you think may be helpful for our engineers is welcomed.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t see a signal
- Verify that your spectrometer’s green light is illuminated
- Check to see you are not zoomed in on a localize portion of the spectrum. Right click on the Y-axis to zoom out & verify that you are looking at the entire x-axis range of your spectro
- Right click on the Dark Light Bulb on the top tab to release any previously saved dark spectra
- Inspect fiber optic cable to make sure it is not broken.
- Perform a cable reset: Close SpectraWiz, disconnect your USB cable, wait 15 seconds, plug back in your USB cable, wait 15 seconds, launch SpectraWiz
The green LED on my spectrometer does not turn on and I have no signal
- Make sure your spectrometer’s drivers are installed properly. Once correctly installed the spectrometer’s green light will illuminate. Please review the spectrometer driver installation instructions
My custom software using the LabVIEW, C, C#, or VB examples is not working
Make sure you are running the program as an administrator (right click-> Run as administrator). Running as administrator fixes 99% of all custom written software issues because it allows programs unlimited access to read and write to the C:\Program Files\StellarNet\SpectraWiz directory.
I get the error message “USB device not present” and/or “Scan Timeout.”
- Check to see if unit has power.
- Check to see if the cables are listed in the Windows Device Manager under USBDEV.
- Check to see if USB2EPP cable is firmly inserted in back of unit and USB port of computer.
- Close SpectraWiz and perform a reboot of USB driver using the following steps.
1) Unplug power cord from unit
2) Unplug USB2EPP cable from unit
3) Unplug USB2EPP cable from computer
4) Plug USB2EPP cable into unit
5) Plug power supply into unit
6) Plug USB2EPP cable into computer
My GREEN-Wave spectrometer does not have a Green LED and I cannot get it to work
- Some GREEN-Wave models have obsolete electronics cards. ContactUs@StellarNet.us to learn about possible upgrades and solutions for your instrument.
I can’t find my calibration file
- All modern StellarNet calibration files are shipped with the spectrometer on a USB stick as an executable self-extracting zip file. File names typically start with MyCAL and are dropped in the SWCals folder in the SpectraWiz directory.
- If you have lost your calibration file we can replace it for you. ContactUs@StellarNet.us or fill the form below
I think my calibration is older than one year
- If your calibration is older than one year, we recommend that you call in and request to speak with an Applications Scientist about a re-calibration service. Annual calibrations are a good practice and healthy way to check up on your spectrometer system health.
I saved my files in the SpectraWiz directory but I can't seem to find them!
- If you are not running SpectraWiz as an administrator (depending on your operating system) your files may be being saved to your virtual directory located C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\StellarNet\SpectraWiz
I get the following error: “I/O 32.”
- Delete the swref1 and swdark files from the SpectraWiz directory.
My unit is not displaying the correct wavelength range.
- Ensure coefficients and interface parameters have been entered correctly.
- Make sure spectrometer is not running off of computer power (via USB cable).
- Turn zoom off by left-clicking to the left of the y-axis.
- Uncheck the Multiplexer option: Set-up è Spectrometer channels è Fiber Optic Multiplexer.
I get a “Range Error” when in Irradiance mode.
- Back away the unit from the light source (if possible).
- Install a calibrated aperture.
- Decrease the integration time.
My measurements don’t look right (using the R400 reflectance probe).
- Insert the end of the y-fiber with 6 fibers bundled into the light source. Insert the other end into the spectrometer (to get the most amount of light onto the sample).
- Block any overhead lights from the probe.
- Make sure the reference is not oversaturated.
I get the following error “Reference Oversaturated at xxx nm.”
- Decrease the integration time.
- Back the light source away from the unit (if possible).
I’m having difficulty with my port settings.
- We no longer support devices using parallel ports. Purchase our USB2EPP cable to run the spectrometer from USB-1 or USB-2 ports.
Is my Spectrometer calibrated for Irradiance measurements?
- A USB stick is sent with all calibrated units. Check your computer for a file called MyCal (with your unit’s serial number in the file name).
Glossary of StellarNet Spectroscopy Terms
Looking for the most current software update?
Can’t find an answer?
Use the form here and be sure to include the unit you are using (or supply the invoice number it was purchase under) and what you are trying to measure. If possible, attach a screenshot of the item in question and the file “sw.ini” found in the SpectraWiz directory.
StellarNet’s technicians are happy to help you with any questions that you might have. Before contacting us, make sure that you have had time to read the supplied instruction manual, view the Training Videos found on the your USB stick and check out Frequently Asked Questions.
Software Demo Videos
Scope Mode Tour
Tool Bar Functions
Status Panel Info
File Menu Tutorial