Haze Measurement System Features
- Measure % Haze, % Total Transmittance, and color of films, filters, plastics, liquids, and just about any optical element
- Haze meter includes a fiber optic spectrometer, light source with integrated optical amplification and collimating lens, and custom haze measurement sphere with diffuse transmission port & optional sample clips
- Measure all ranges from 0-100% Haze and Transmission with SpectraWiz L*a*b* CIELAB values
- Custom StellarHaze Software for real time haze calculations
- Research grade optical performance and repeatability
The StellarHaze System is preconfigured for total transmission and haze measurements and includes a compact fiber optic spectrometer, light source with integrated optical amplification and collimation lens, custom haze measurement sphere with diffuse transmission port and optional sample attachment clips. The sphere is mounted on a breadboard with alignment track for easy positioning.
Haze Measurement Software – The haze meter comes complete with StellarHaze software for MS Excel that calculates transmission and haze at once while also displaying spectral curves over the 300-850nm spectral region.
Modular and Compact
The modular system can be quickly assembled for measurement or broken down and stored in a rugged instrument case. Additional accessories can be purchased for reflectance or other spectroscopy applications.
What is Haze? The appearance of transparent materials can be tuned for their applications and can be quantified by their light scattering optical properties. The cloudiness or “haze” can be defined by the percentage of light transmission which deviates from an incident beam greater than 2.5 degrees.
StellarHaze System can be useful for quality control and research for a variety of applications and sample types. Here are a few:
- Filters and plastic sheets
- Thin Films and bags
- Liquids via cuvette
- Diffusing plastics for lighting
- Automotive glass and windows
Haze measurements require a few measurements to be included into a formula and generate a haze value. Once all of the measurements are saved under the data tab, the haze value will be displayed on top of the software screen. Please follow the procedure below for the best results:
Haze and Transmission Sample Spectra
Haze System Pricing
|Stellar-Haze System||StellarNet optical transmission and haze measurement system includes a compact spectrometer, fiber optic light source, and integrating sphere designed with a haze diffuse aperture to allow comparison of total transmission to diffuse (>2.5 degrees). The system will also come with the SpectraWiz-Haze program that calculates haze values in real time and displays all spectra for easy viewing.||$14,895|
|Haze-Stds||Set of 3 Haze Standards. Choose between 1%, 5%,10%, 20, 30%. Includes ISO17025 certificates.||$2,850|
Technical Information Request
Introduction The ripeness of an avocado affects its flavor, aroma, color and texture. Ripeness, however, is difficult to determine because the fruit ripens without obvious changes in external appearance. Dry matter content has been established as a surrogate for...read more